Brief Background : Shri Kushalguru Jain Charitable Trust is an organization dedicated to providing services through medical help to needy and poor people living in remote villages of India without any distinction of caste, creed or religion. At the present the Trust runs a charitable Hospital at Gothi farm, 11 Km from Sanganer in a village and has served more than 8000 patient by way of providing medical consultation and free medicines.
The objective of the trust includes :-
- Free medical help to people below poverty line including providing medicines.
- Vaccination programs in remote areas
- Dot. Treatment for Tuberculoses
- School Health programs.
- Help and employment programs for handicap people
It is in the midst of this distressing situation that few friends having faith in, the teachings of Lord Mahavir and inspired by their guru Shri Maniprabhsagaji launched dedicated humanitarian services to provide free medical treatment to the poor and motivate people to cultivate hygienic norms and simple skills to improve their health and economic conditions.
Shri Kushal Guru Jain Charitable Hospital was established on 16th of April 2003. This charitable health center presently serves villages within 25 km radius. 70 % of the population which is below poverty line with absolutely no health care provisions. Given the dense population in these areas we foresee serving a population of more than 1,00,000 in 2-3 years.
Shri Kushal Guru Jain Charitable Hospital presently provides free consultation and treatment to about 100 poor patients per day and issuing them free medicines without any distinction of caste, creed or religion for a nominal consultation fee of Rs.2/- per patient (US $ 0.04). Particular attention is paid to the child health-care, immunization and malnutrition and mothers health and well being.
The Trust will be dedicated to provide free medical facilities, relief, hospitalization and promote primary health-care and community development by undertaking the following programs and activities:
- Promoting primary health-care. Free medical help to people below poverty line including providing medicines. Timely vaccination programs in remote areas Dot. Treatment for Tuberculoses School Health programs. Providing aids and rehabilitation programs for handicapped or disabled.. Providing basic human needs of healthy food and water. Tobacco and alcohol use cessation Counseling for parents identified as at risk for child abuse or neglect Organizing mobile clinics and medical camps in areas where there is no transportation or means to reach our services. Building a primary health center building and providing basic medical facilities to backward areas and villagers irrespective of caste. Encouraging HEALTHCARE development / awareness Granting free or highly subsidized assistance to the people from villages that are below poverty line. Organizing awareness programs about health particularly emphasizing child health care, family planning, hygiene and sanitation & nutritional values of the local agro-products. Organizing medical help camps for specialized fields.
Founder Trustees : Sh. Vimal Chand Surana, Sh. Vishwas Jain, Sh. Kishan Chand Jain, Sh. Bhimraj Bohara, Jaipur, Dr. Hemlata Pokharna, Chicago, Sh. Subash Mehta, Chicago